Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Girlfriend Crafting Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend with my friend Kathy from Kenosha. She came to visit on Friday afternoon and stayed through Sunday afternoon. We spent the entire weekend crafting, eating, shopping and enjoying each other's company.

We began the weekend by visitng to Ruhama's Yarn shop in Whitefish Bay on Friday evening and enjoying dinner at El Guapo's Mexican restaurant.


On Saturday we drove to Brookfield and spent the afternoon at River Boutique and Yarn shop in the knitter's circle. They have cool looking comfy charis for us to sit and knit with the regulars. (Photo on left.) We both love this shop and the way it has a warm, comforting feel. Plus the staff is very welcoming too.




We also visited a couple of bead shop and a consignment shop. You'd think with all of that, we wouldn't get much knitting or beading done, but we did. This picture shows the two Itty-Bitty hats I knitted from Susan B. Anderson's book. Susan lives in Madison and I had the opportunity to meet her at a Knitting Guild meeting earlier in the year.

I also worked on a sweater that I had started probably 20 years ago. I only had the back and one sleeve done prior to the weekend. I finished the other sleeve and began the front. My goal is to finish this sweater by the end of the month, so that I can begin a new project. Pictures of the finished sweater to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment