Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cooking and Knitting, Oh My

Last weekend I put together a Christmas Sale in an attempt to sell the many Christmas decorations I don't put up each year. Plus I was hoping to make a little money. In preparation for the sale, I made homemade Chili and my grandma's / mom's recipe for Apple Squares. YUM!!! I made these two recipes because I knew I would have enough food for whoever was here when it was time to eat. My friends; Jackie, CJ and Phil enjoyed the food and we each enjoyed each other's company.

Since the traffic at the sale was SO slow, I thought I would use my time wisely and do some knitting. The sweater I'm working on has a very complicated pattern that I need to follow closely so I wouldn't be able to work on this and chat with my friends. Therefore I decided to start making another Itty-Bitty Hat. I was going to make another simple hat like the last three, but saw this cute striped pattern on front of the book. So I did a little shopping at my own garage sale and picked out three skeins of yarn from the sale trunk and started working on this hat. Oops. I'm supposed to be trying to sell myself. Ha!!!

Anyway, I started to make this cute striped Paper Bag Hat. I knitted about 2/3 of the hat on Saturday (at the sale) and finally finished the hat tonight. It is so cute. It makes me want to make more in different colors. These would make cute gifts.

Well, I need to focus on my studies now and put the knitting aside. I have two exams on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment