Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School Cookies

How many of you would come home from your first day school to warm chocolate chip cookies made by your mother? Today was my first day of school for fall semester 201o. And since my mother no longer lives with me, I decided to make my own chocolate chip cookies. Actually I tried a new recipe from the Midwest Living Magazine website called Awesome Chocolate Peanut Blowout Cookies. They are the first cookies I've ever made that were still soft after they cooled. I think I need to keep this recipe and make them again.


Since I don't have a sense of smell I forget that other people can smell when I'm cooking or baking. My roommate came downstairs and said 'was there a peanut butter explosion?" Ha!!! I'm going to call them Peanut Butter Explosion cookies from now on. For those of you interested in making the cookies yourself, here is a link to the recipe. Please note, I did not use peanuts and increased both the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups by 1/4 cup each.
Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment