Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year


We welcome a new year and a new decade..... 2010!!!

2010 is beginning in a very positive way. The year ahead holds so many opportunities. I'm excited about what the year will offer.

My first exciting accomplishment is creating a blog. This has been a learning experience and will be a great way for me to share with each of you all the creativity that is going on in my home. I'll begin with sharing some of my most recent projects that I've completed.

Rag quilt ---- made with fabric from a dear friend's mother. I will always cherish this quilt and the memories of Jackie Schroeder and her family.
Cloth napkins ---- I'm trying to go green and save some money. I made coordinating cloth napkins for the first weekend in December when my family came to visit. It was our winter family get together. Everyone brought an ingredient for "Bring An Ingredient Soup" Later we had Beer-garitas, played Kismet (similar to Yatzee) and ate fresh-out-of-oven Spice cookies. Yummy!!!!
Dishcloths ---- I was on a bit of a knitting spree this winter. I probably made a dozen different dishcloths and gave several as gifts. Some are still in need of homes.
Tile coasters ---- I'm so proud of little homemade holiday gifts. I used ceramic tiles and stamped on them with black Staz-on ink, adding a cork base. They were fun to make and fun to give at gifts. Hopefully everyone figured out they were coasters and that I made them! :)
Curtains ---- Currently, I'm working on curtain's for Clare's (roommates) room. The walls are gray and the woodwork is white. Clare likes purple. I was lucky to find a white fabric with light purple, dark purple, gray, and green wavy lines. I added a purple header and tabs to put more emphasis on the purple. She will see them for the first time when she returns from holiday break. I hope she likes them. I'll post pictures when I get them hung.

1 comment:

  1. I love my coasters - they are super cute and I love getting personal gifts :) We are using them right now!

    ReplyDelete